Welcome to the Spring Term!
Our Topic this term is CRIME AND PUNISHMENT, where we will explore a range of crimes and punishments from the Medieval times through to the Tudors, Victorians and up to present day. The children will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of cross-curricular activities, here is a taster of what they will be learning about:
- Methods of punishment through British history
- Molly Leigh ‘the witch’ and the Pendle Witch Trial
- Criminal investigations and forensic techniques
- Dick Turpin – The Highwayman
- Robert Peel and the police force
In Literacy we will continue to study Michael Morpurgo’s ‘War Horse’ , which the children have thoroughly enjoyed so far. Not only will it help develop children’s reading skills, it will continue to provide an engaging stimulus to improve their writing skills.
Of course this term we’re off to Stanley Head for a fun packed week of team building and cross curricular activities such as: crate stacking, high ropes challenge, archery, rock climbing, map reading and walking. The children, we are sure, will come back refreshed, energised and ready for the challenges ahead!
SATs preparation is a priority this term and we know you will support your children by making sure that they have:
- completed and returned their homework on time
- practicedtheir times tables and related division facts
- read for at least 15 minutes every day
Please don’t hesitate to contact us, if you have any concerns or issues we look forward to discussing your child’s progress at parents evening on Wednesday 6th March or Thursday 7th March 2019.