After a refreshing Christmas break it is great to welcome you back to Year 5! Last term was very busy and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our parents and families for all your continued support, particularly during our busy Christmas period.
Our topic this term is ‘Crime and Punishment, which will be taught through a Creative Curriculum. We will explore a range of exciting periods of history and how crime and punishment has changed over time. The children will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of cross-curricular activities, here is a taster of what they will be learning about:
- Investigating crimes
- Researching Medieval crime and punishment
- Comparing Tudor crimes and punishment as well as Victorian to modern day
During Literacy this term we will be focusing on our topic ‘Crime and Punishment’, as well as our class novel, ‘Street Child’. This will allow for a variety of interesting writing opportunities, giving us the opportunity to explore diaries, persuasive letters, descriptive writing, story writing and balanced arguments.
In Maths this term we will be learning about:
- Recall quickly multiplication and division facts for all times tables.
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
- Mental and written calculations for everyday situations involving all four operations
With all of these exciting things to learn, it is clear that we have an exciting term ahead!