Happy new year and welcome back to the start of a new term at St. George & St. Martin’s Catholic Academy. I hope everybody has had a safe and enjoyable Christmas!
This term our topic in year 3 is Cavemen and Crafters, which will be taught through a Creative Curriculum. We began with our Launch Day on Tuesday 15th January, when we joined in with lots of prehistoric fun including artwork, role play and timeline exploration.
Here is a taster of what our curriculum will look like this term.
Class text – Stig of the Dump by Clive King.
- Story Writing
- Diary Entries
- Number - Multiplication and division
- Measurement -
- Measurement – Length and perimeter
- We listen to God’s word’s at Mass
- Art – Cave paintings
- Art – Paint/colour wash
- Science – Rocks and soils
Science – Food and nutrients
- Science - Teeth
- Science – Skeleton and muscles
- Science - Digestive system
- History - Timeline and sequencing of prehistory.
- History - Independent enquiry
- History - Comparative judgements between stone, bronze and iron age.
- History - Study of artefacts and their uses.
- Geography - Examine hill forts and how land use has changed over time.