The children will learn through a range of lessons dedicated to each specific subject covered in the National Curriculum. Here is a taster of just a few of the exciting things we will be learning about this term:
In our exciting Maths lessons we will be learning:
- Number: Place Value
- Number: Addition and Subtraction
- Number: Multiplication and Division
- Geometry: Money
- Geometry: Properties of Shape
In English lessons we will be reading a wide variety of texts and we will explore several different genres of writing including:
- Diary entries
- Character descriptions
- Nonsense poetry
- Traditional stories
- Classic poetry
A large focus will be on handwriting, Punctuation, Grammar and Vocabulary
Our class author in Year 2 is Judith Kerr and we will enjoy reading a selection of her animal stories during this term!
In R.E. lessons we will grow closer to God through the themes of:
- Old testament stories and prayers
- Sharing in the life of Jesus
- Parables and Miracles
We will learn about our class saint – St Francis of Assisi
Our exciting Science lessons will focus on Living Things and Their Habitats.
We will learn about:
- Comparison of things which are living, dead or have never been alive
- Habitats and Microhabitats
- World habitats
- Food chains
- Classification of animals including rainforest and polar animals
- Ocean habitats
- Water pollution
- Endangered animals
In History lessons we will be focusing on who were the great explorers?
We will learn about:
- Christopher Columbus
- Neil Armstrong
- Amelia Earhart
- Edward John Smith
Our Geography lessons this term will focus on:
- UK capital cities
- Human & Physical features e.g. coast, mountains
- World – 7 continents & 5 oceans
In Computing lessons the children will learn about how to stay safe when using the internet.
We will learn to:
- Program a robot to do a task.
- Identify where a program goes wrong and be able to debug it.
- Predict the outcome of my algorithm
In Art lessons the children will:
- Observe the work of our class artist Clarice Cliff.
- Know how to mix paint to create all the secondary colours
- Create tints with paint by adding white and know how to create tones with paint by adding black.
In Design and Technology lessons we will be making a product with mechanical moving wheels. We will design, make and evaluate a moving vehicle and be able to suggest improvements which could be made to the original design.
We will also design and make a food product eg sangria / pizza
We will focus on skills of:
- Cutting food safely
- Weighing ingredients
In our P.E. lessons we will:
- Understand the importance of health related exercise.
- Create and perform a 4 part routine set to music in dance.
- Work to improve our skills of co-ordination and stamina in football.
- Practice swimming skills.