Our topic is ‘My World and Beyond’ which will be taught through the Early Years Foundation Stage areas of learning: Religious Education; Communication and Language; Physical Development; Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Literacy; Mathematics; Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design.
In RE, we will be learning about Creation, Weddings, Advent and Christmas.
As part of our topic, we will discuss our families; explore our local area and other countries. We will also fly off into space to discover and visit the moon and the planets within our solar system.
Here are some of the activities that the children will be doing in the next term:
- Sharing our family photos with our friends
- Learning about people who help us and their role in society
- Exploring our local area and where we live. We will be finding out what Stoke-on-Trent is famous for and drawing our own maps to show the features in our local area.
- Explore seasonal changes in autumn
- Special events and celebrations including; St Martin’s Day, Diwali, Bonfire night and Christmas
- Exploring other countries and launching our way into space
- Daily phonics sessions
- Learning new songs and rhymes
- Exploring pattern, 1 more and 1 less, shape and the composition of number
And much, much more!
In some cases the activities will be guided by the children’s interests.