Our topic is ‘Step into a Story’ which will be taught through Religious Education and the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, including the following areas of learning: Religious Education; Communication and Language; Physical Development; Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Literacy; Mathematics; Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design.
In RE, we will be learning about Christmas, God our Father Care for Us, Lent—Jesus and his Father and Holy Week.
Our topic focuses on the joy and excitement of reading and exploring stories. We will continue to read lots of stories and poems by our class author Mick Inkpen. We will also share traditional tales and newer stories, as well as books from lots of different genres. We will visit the different stories in our role play, make props, sing songs, write invitations, design posters, make cakes, growing grass and bean stalks and much, much more!
Here are just some of the many activities that the children will be involved in during the next term:
- Daily phonics lessons to support reading and writing
- Reading stories, poems and non-fiction texts linking to Traditional Tales
- Experimenting with mark making
- Developing an interest in counting and numbers by singing new number rhymes
- Learning to count a small number of objects
- Describing repeating patterns, shapes and colours
- Traditional Tale crafts to make some colorful displays!
- Music and movement, Hymn Practice and PE.
In some cases, the activities will be guided by the children’s interests.
So don’t be afraid of the big bad wolf, climb the beanstalk to a land far, far away!
Nursery Visit to Rode Hall - 2nd April 2019
The children were playing hide and seek, listening to the Gruffalo story and then making woodland animals from salt dough. then building them a home.