Welcome back to the start of a new year at St. George & St. Martin’s Catholic Academy. I hope everybody has had a safe and happy summer! We are very much looking forward to teaching your children this year.
This term our topic in year 3 is ‘Rainforest Rangers‘ which will be taught through a Creative Curriculum. We began with our Launch Day on Tuesday 11th September, when we joined in with lots of activities including rainforest art work and music.
Here is a taster of what our curriculum will look like this term.
Class text – Stanley saves the Amazon Rainforest by Tony Frais
- Adventure Stories
- Explanation texts
- Persuasive texts
- Shape poems
- Number – Place value
- Number – Addition and subtraction
- Number – Multiplication and division
- Belonging—We gather as God’s family
- Art – Henri Rousseau
- Art – Collage
- The water cycle
- Classification of plants and animals
- Adaptation of plants and animals
- Textiles – Types of stitching running stitch/back stitch.
- Textiles – Applique
- Map work (Equator, hemispheres, tropics etc.
- Distribution of rainforests
- Layers of the rainforest