The Summer Term is a very exciting term as we receive the sacrament of First Holy Communion. During this term we will also be learning about Easter, Pentecost, Prayer, the Eucharist and family life.
Our topic this term is Savage Saxons and Vicious Vikings! We will be learning more about:
- Anglo Saxon life and settlements
- Alfred the Great
- The Viking invasion
- Timeline of events for invaders and settlers
- How longboats were used to travel and invade
- Viking armour and weapons
- Viking life and settlements, including life in Viking long houses
- Travel and life at sea for the invaders
During English this term we will be focusing on our class novel ‘Beowulf’. While enjoying this tense and exciting story, we will be writing stories, letters and diaries.
In Maths we will be learning about:
- Place value and rounding
- Addition and subtraction
- Multiplication and division
- Fractions, decimals and percentages
We continue to ask children to practise their times tables and number bonds as part of their targets as well as spellings for homework.
Any independent research the children carry out will be shared in class – we love to hear all about it and it’s always a pleasure sharing home-learning in school.
We have a very exciting term ahead and look forward to beginning.