Welcome to our first term in Year 2. I hope you have all had a lovely summer break. We have a very busy term ahead full of learning through our topic ‘A Street Through Time’.
Last week, we launched our topic by comparing different kinds of houses on a walk around the local area as well as creating visualisers to draw the view from our school. A fantastic day was had by all, what a brilliant way to begin the year!
The children will continue to learn through a Creative Curriculum in cross-curricular lessons which will cover all areas of the National Curriculum. Here are some of the activities that the children may be doing in the next term. In some cases the activities will be guided by the children’s interests.
- Houses and homes through history
- History of the Pottery industry
- The city of Stoke-on-Trent and the 6 towns
- The history of London and the Gunpowder Plot
- Using our English targets to write recounts, stories and news reports
- Developing our vocabulary, punctuation and grammar
- Addition and subtraction
- Multiplying and dividing
- 2D and 3D shapes
- 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables
- Stories from the Old Testament
- Sharing in the life of Jesus