Welcome back to our last term in Year 2. We have a very busy term ahead full of learning through our topic ‘Carnival of the Animals’ as well as completing the end of Key Stage One SATs and preparing for life in Year Three.
In April, we launched our topic by visiting Peak Wildlife Park and saw lots of different animals. We even got to stroke some! After what has felt like an endless winter we were lucky to have our tip on an extremely hot day so a fantastic day was had by all as we reflected on the wonderful animals that God has given us. What a lovely way to begin the term!
The children will continue to learn through a Creative Curriculum in cross-curricular lessons which will cover all areas of the National Curriculum. Here are some of the activities that the children will be doing throughout the summer term.
- Animal and human life cycles
- Food chains– identifying if animals are herbivores, carnivores or omnivores
- Animal habitats– comparing habitats around the world
- Looking into climate change and how some people are not looking after our planet with
- Using our English targets to write riddles, reports and adventure stories
- Understanding how to edit our writing to make it even better
- Addition using the written expanded method
- 2, 3, 5 and 10 times tables
Pentecost, The Mass, Our Church and Family Life