Summer term is going to be full of excitement in a variety of ways, as our topic this term is ’Carnival of the Animals’ which will be taught through a Creative Curriculum. We began with our Launch Day on Thursday 19th April, with our trip to Peak Wildlife Park. It was a busy, fun filled day, and we certainly had the weather for it!
The children will learn in cross-curricular lessons which will cover all areas of the National Curriculum.
Here is a taster of just some of the fun we will be having!
- Using capital letters, finger spaces and full stops to write poems, stories, information leaflets and letters.
In Maths –
- Addition and subtraction problems. Using the + – and = signs.
- Weight, capacity and length
- Reading the time.
- Learning about why animals are grouped into different categories.
- Exploring food chains and the terms carnivore, omnivore and herbivore
- Considering climate change and how some people aren’t looking after God’s creation properly.
- Exploring aboriginal art, the use of paint, charcoal, pastel and chalks and completing some still life drawing.
- Designing and making our own moving animals and habitats.
In RE –
- Sharing Jesus’ life
- Following Jesus today