Our topic is ‘Me and My World’ which will be taught through Religious Education and the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum, including the following areas of learning: Religious Education; Communication and Language; Physical Development; Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Literacy; Mathematics; Understanding the World and Expressive Arts and Design.
In RE, we will be learning about God’s Family, Baptism, Creation, Advent and Christmas.
As part of our topic this term, we will discuss and share information about our families and share our pictures and experiences of holidays and special occasions. We will be exploring and identifying features of the human body by creating self-portraits and learning the importance of self- hygiene.
Here are just some of the many activities that the children will be involved in during the next term:
- Daily phonics lessons to support reading and writing
- Reading stories, poems and non-fiction texts about Ourselves and the World
- Experimenting with mark making
- Learning new songs, rhymes, poems & stories about the body
- Drawing around a child & labelling body parts
- Expressing themselves through the use of ICT to draw themselves
- Developing an interest in counting and numbers by singing new number rhymes
- Learning to count a small number of objects
- Describing repeating patterns, shapes and colours
- Ourselves and the World crafts to make some colourful displays!
In some cases, the activities will be guided by the children’s interests.
We will also be reading lots of stories and poems by our class author Mick Inkpen, as well as modern classics relating to Our World and Ourselves.